We want to provide some clarifying information about the SchoolMessenger call from SCS notifying parents of a covid positive individual in your student’s class.
The purpose of this call is to provide parents with timely notice of potential exposure to a covid positive student or staff member in your child’s class. If you receive a call, monitor your student for symptoms and make appropriate health care decisions. This is a broad notification of all students in the class to keep parents informed.
If you receive a call:
- This is not a quarantine notification. Your student has not been identified as a close contact through the contact tracing process.You will be contacted by the Sumner County Health Department if a quarantine is recommended after contact tracing has been completed.
- Please monitor your student for symptoms. If symptoms develop, please keep your child home from school and consult with your healthcare provider.
- If your student has no symptoms, you may choose either to send them to school or quarantine.
- If you wish to keep your student home, you should coordinate with your student’s teachers to participate in class via Google classroom throughout the quarantine period.
- If your student is identified by the Sumner County Health Department as a close contact of a Covid positive individual and a quarantine is recommended, you will receive an additional call from them with quarantine dates and further guidance.
Here is the script of the message you will receive from SCS:
This is Sumner County Schools calling to inform you that YOUR STUDENT’S NAME has potentially been exposed to a COVID positive individual in their classroom. This is not a quarantine notification and your child may return to school if they do not have symptoms. Please monitor your child for symptoms. If symptoms develop, keep your child home and consult with your healthcare provider. If your student is identified as a close contact by the Health Department and a quarantine is recommended, you will receive an additional call from them with dates and further guidance.