Working for Sumner County Schools
Sumner County Schools commits to growing learners who are college and career ready through quality instruction, effective use of resources, building a collaborative culture, and strong leadership.
- The mission of the Sumner County Schools Human Resources Department is to build a culture of exceptional support by maintaining competitive standards and through employee partnerships that focus efforts around collaboration, recruitment, retention, and development of our diverse workforce.
- Working within Sumner County Schools is rewarding, challenging, and fulfilling. District job listings change frequently, so those interested in applying should check vacancies often. Applicants are encouraged to learn as much as possible about the district.
Steps to Apply:
Applicants must have the following to be considered for a certified position with Sumner County Schools:
- A completed online Sumner County Schools Certificated Application.
- At least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A valid Tennessee teaching license for the level and/or subject area related to the position. If the applicant does not hold a Tennessee teaching license, he or she must meet eligibility requirements. Requirements can be seen on the TN Department of Education website.
- Be “Highly Qualified” in the core teaching subject area being applied for.
- Passing Praxis Scores in Content Area (please attach).
- Degree in Content Area (this applies to middle/high teachers only.
Applicants must have the following to be considered for a classified or support position:
- The minimum qualifications for the position you are seeking
- A completed online Sumner County Schools Classified Application
- Attach transcripts (if applicable)
All applications must be complete with all applicable blanks completed. A resume is not a substitute for the application but may be attached to your application. Should there be a vacancy in your field; administrators will contact the most qualified applicants on file for interviews. Please continue to check our website for an updated list of vacancies. Your application will be active for three years from the date of the application. At the end of that time, you will need to update your online application if you have a continued interest in positions with Sumner County Schools.