ALL SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE.
Notes: You must have an email address to create an account and complete your application. The email you enter is how you will receive further instructions throughout the application process.
You must provide one reference that is a current employee of Sumner County Schools.
Complete each page of the application. Click Next at the end of each page to proceed to the next page of the application. Attach official transcripts if applicable. Once you have completed the application. you should receive an email confirming your application!
A series of emails will be sent to the email address you provided on your application once the request to hire begins processing in the Human Resources Department. The email series will include information on:
- Background Checks
- Hiring Confirmation with Employee Self Service Information
- Processing Hire Task List
- Onboarding Task List
After all tasks are complete you will schedule your final processing in the Human Resources Department at the Sumner County Board of Education. You will need to bring your 2 forms of approved I-9 documents and any official college transcripts.
You must complete this Final step BEFORE you are eligible to accept any substitute assignments in the system.
Click HERE to apply.
Pay scale for substitute teachers is as follows (All degrees must be documented with the Human Resources Department):
- Substitute in a classified position is $75.00 daily.
- Substitute in a certified position if you have a 4 year college degree (or higher) is $100.00 daily.
- Substitute in a certified position and have an active Tennessee teaching license is $125.00 daily.
- Substitute Retired Certified from Sumner County is $125.00 a day
Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher for Sumner County Schools.